Mission And Aims
The mission of the LAHC is to bring together centres of educational excellence reflecting the best of British and international educational practice in order to share expertise for school improvement in a spirit of reciprocal altruism that benefits all parties.
The association caters specifically for schools which give special importance to the English language, both as a medium for communication and as a language of teaching and learning.
The LAHC aims to:
- create, develop and nurture a professional learning community within the region by sharing expertise and experience within and beyond the association
- foster co-operation and dialogue among the member schools
- provide mechanisms for context-sensitive school evaluation
- keep member schools informed with respect to developments in educational theory and practice and in particular the areas of bilingual and bicultural education
- encourage and maintain dialogue with relevant educational institutions and associations in Britain and the rest of the world